Saturday, May 7, 2011

HW 52 - Third Third of the COTD Book

I the last third of the book the idea of a plain pin box, backyard burial, the natural cemetery. In the plian pine box chapter the main idea of it was talking about being buried in a casket made from pine. In the backyard burial chapter is about being buried in your own backayard. And last chapter it is talking about being buried in a cemetery.





"I always did like the idea of a plain wooden casket"
"The casket is simply a vessel for another vessel that we're done with. There's no reason to get carried away"
"It doesn't take me two minutes to walk from the house to the little private cememery where Shayn is buried. I know her body is inert matter; it's not her. But her memory is there, my memory for her is there, and that is the last place we saw each other. For me, it's a comfort to have her close by"
"It was fall, leaves were all over the ground, so all heard was the sound of our feet feet crunching the leaves as we walked"

As i read these last chapters I startred to really think more about how I want to be take care of when I die. I thought about cremation but if not cremation then I want to be buried in a plain pine box, because I don't understand why someone should spend that much money on me when I am died, when they can spend it on something more important in life. But if I was buried I would love to be buried in my own family backyard. I just feel like no one should have to be around them but me as thay talk to me and feel connected to me like they use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment