Sunday, May 15, 2011

HW 55 - Culminating Project - Care of the Dead

Like all my other projects I talked to my family about what they knew and what they thought about the whole thing that we are learning in class. And like I said before it is better to ask 5 people that I know to get true answers then to ask 10 people that i don't know and that would feel weird about talking to me about dead. Like when we had to the homework about going to a funeral home or something and ask questions. When I did that the lady looked at me as if I had two head told me I had to go to head quarters, then wanted me to the door and locked me out. Where as when I went downtown they answered my question and did even care why I was asking these question. But not everyone is like that , some people think that that is rude to ask or think that you are crazy to think about that which in a way I think that they are right.

When talking to my family most of them never even thought about how they wanted to be treated after they were die nor did they know the different ways that they could be treated. They just thought that you died and then you are put in the ground. Besides my mother she always knew how she want to die and how she want to be taken care of. She wants people to be happy and a party not a funeral which I agree with her. Since we are funny loving people we want people to have fun with the ending of our life. But at the same time I see why some of my family members don't really care. They are dead. It is not like they are going to be hurt from the fact that you did not cry of them or give them a home funeral.

It is like we get nothing else we want in life why did the way we want to be taken care of after they die be different. Like my grandma she does not care what happens. Where as my sister never thought about it and thinks that it is weird to think about it know. And my aunt never thought about it but is starting to think about it now.

And the funny part is that I thought since me and my mom had different views on religion, I thought that we would be care in different ways. But I think that it doesn't only have to do with just the religion we believe in but as well as the type of person we are. Because we both are people that love to make other people laugh we want our funeral to be fun and more of a party. And at first I didn't really care what happens after I die and how my family decide to do I just don't want them to have to spend so much money on me. Because if I didn't know that they loved me when I died then I am not going to know after I die when the spent all that money on me.

4 comments:

  1. Bryanna,

    what strikes me is about your blog is the conversations with your family members and the fact that some have never really thought about dying.

    The family would like for it to be celebratory, but I think the reality is that many people's emotional state goes through the stages that require us to morn and then reflect on the loss and the memories that remain.
    It seems that this class has offered you an opportunity to talk with your family about many aspects of life that everyone can connect to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very much right. An honest opinion is always great. I found what you said about peoples reactions to be humorous. Yet i agree some people might feel disrespected when you ask them questions like that. But have you wondered why? i think that it might be because they are scared of reality and prefer to ignore the fact that they will die. It was nice that you say you don't want others to be too worried about your death because your fun and funny. I feel the same way but since i know i like to give to others that's why i'd like resomation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought you had a good project going. i like towards the end about you and your mother. when you said that even though you and your mother have different view on religion, that it couldve been different for the way you guys care. but its not and i think that is very common with everybody. it doesnt matter what religion someone believes in (if they even do)it still comes down to one thing. they still believe in the person is in a good place and that no matter where they are, they are happy and accepted

    good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryanna,

    I thought it was good that you decided to get your family's perspective on death and what they want to happen to them when they die which is something that I think is worth thinking about. I think hearing your family's thoughts on the topic helped develop your own in a way. I liked how you talked about your view on death and religion compared to your mom's and how it doesn't matter in the end because it's based on the type of people you are and how you want people to remember you.

    ReplyDelete